- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Activist From Manipur Wins A Global Award
Urmila Chauhan loves the color red and all women do, but she loves it for a different reason altogether. A social activist who was recently awarded the Voices of our Future Award by World Pulse, an international NGO, Urmila loves the color red cause it reminds her of blood.
Only yesterday we talked about World Pulse, an International NGO that is working towards spreading awareness and education of women and eradicating the superstitions about menstrual cycles and the bleeding it causes. Urmila Chauhan who hails from Manipur was recently honored for her efforts in the field.
But she is not just active in spreading awareness about menstrual cycles, she is also working tirelessly to spread awareness about HIV / AIDS, drug abuse, education for poor, gender equality and domestic violence. She was motivated to take up these causes after her marrigage where she faced domestic violence herself.
She now devotes her time to work for the betterment of the rural women and recently launched the "Breaking the Silence" initiative which was recognised by World Pulse and taken under its umbrella. Urmila is constantly travelling to villages and small cities looking conduct workshops.
“I want them to take about these issues openly and without inhibition. That is what ‘Breaking the Silence’ is all about,” Urmila says.
She received full promotion on World Pulse, $1500 cash prize and support of media partners during the ceremony that was held at Portland, Oregon, USA.
via - Womens Web