- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
DCW Chief: Better Working Conditions For Women Wastepickers
Delhi Commission for Women chief Swati Maliwal on Thursday to work towards providing better living and working conditions to women wastepickers in Delhi. The comments from Maliwal came after women wastepickers from Safai Sena, a 13,000-strong body of wastepickers in Delhi, met her and AAP MLA from Badli, Ajesh Yadav to put forth a memorandum of demands like free legal assistance, toilets in the community, marriage funds for girl child, proper water connection, space for segregation and access to formal education. Children from the community performed a street play on 'Child Marriage' generating awareness among the women folk. Maliwal championed the cause of the women waste-pickers and promised them better living and working conditions. She asked Safai Sena for a detailed report to be sent to her on all the above aspects, along with data, within next 15 days. She promised to take up these issues with all the concerned departments in Delhi in order to reach a solution.