- Vishwaguru Trust Helps In Promoting Modi's Ideologies Globally
- First Traditional Art Entrepreneurship Summit Held At NDIM
- This Sabziwali From Indore Makes Sure You Eat Your Vegetables Fresh!
- Evoxyz Ensures Safety Of Your Child
- Be A Part Of The First Ever Traditional Art Entrepreneurship Summit
- CollarFolk, A Lifestyle Platform For Pet Lovers!
- Traxact: Documentation For Creative Professionals Just Got Easier!
- Now You Can Save The Environment By Using Plantable Books And Pencils!
- Actifend Assures Cybers Security At An Affordable Cost
- KlosetEdit Keeps Your Fashion Quotient Dynamic And Easy On The Pocket!
Delhi Model Case: Police Dig Into Nitin Chawla's Background
Police suspect that Delhi-based pub owner Nitin Chawla, who has been arrested for domestic violence and dowry death after his socialite wife allegedly committed suicide, hid details of his life from her, including about a rape case he was facing, when they married in January. Police which is digging into his background have indicated that he may be slapped with few other charges. The police have come across a rape case against Chawla (38) registered in Mumbai around three years ago, about which Chawla had suspectedly not mentioned to his wife Priyanka Kapoor (25) before marriage, a senior police official said on Tuesday. Kapoor’s relatives told police that they got to know about the matter weeks after their marriage on January 6. Delhi Police have written to their counterparts in Mumbai seeking details on the progress of the case, with regard to which Chawla had got bail from a city court there in 2014. In the case, the complainant had told police that in 2011 she met Chawla at a nightclub in Delhi, following which Chawla allegedly raped her over a period of time on the pretext of marriage, never disclosing his marital status until the complainant came to know about it on her own. Chawla, who is suspected to have got the woman’s admission done at an institute in Mumbai, also allegedly forged her signature and issued cheques on her bank account. Mumbai Police is learnt to have registered a case on the basis of the complaint and arrested Chawla in 2013. Thorough background details of an accused is necessary for filing a water-tight chargesheet in any case. On Saturday, socialite and entrepreneur Priyanka Kapoor was found dead at her apartment in south Delhi’s Defence Colony area. She allegedly hanged herself from a ceiling fan, leaving behind a suicide note.