- First Traditional Art Entrepreneurship Summit Held At NDIM
- This Sabziwali From Indore Makes Sure You Eat Your Vegetables Fresh!
- Evoxyz Ensures Safety Of Your Child
- Be A Part Of The First Ever Traditional Art Entrepreneurship Summit
- CollarFolk, A Lifestyle Platform For Pet Lovers!
- Traxact: Documentation For Creative Professionals Just Got Easier!
- Now You Can Save The Environment By Using Plantable Books And Pencils!
- Actifend Assures Cybers Security At An Affordable Cost
- KlosetEdit Keeps Your Fashion Quotient Dynamic And Easy On The Pocket!
- My Sanika Eases The Financial Burden On Cancer Patients
Delhi Tourism Hit By Rs. 5 Cr Scam
Alleging a scam of more than Rs.5 crore, Delhi Tourism plans to file an FIR against a private security contractor that provides guards to secure its various properties.Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra said on Wednesday that the Delhi government will also recommend blacklisting the company from government security contracts. In a statement, the DTTDC said that the security contractor was collecting over Rs. 22,000 per security guard per month, but paying them only Rs. 8,000 each as opposed to the agreed upon Rs. 13,000 per month. This fraud brings the amount paid to security guards lower than the minimum wages in Delhi. No weekly off-days were provided to security guards (601 in total) whilst the company continued to bill the Delhi Government, effectively robbing the security guards of their well-deserved salary. The DTTDC also said that the security guards were working 12-hour shifts as per the re-negotiated contracts, but were being paid for only eight hours of service. The total loss to the exchequer has been worked out to over Rs. 5 crore. Mr. Mishra has also alleged that the components of this fraud include underpaid Provident Fund contributions to employees, underpayment of Rs. 5,000 per employee per month for guards working 12-hour shifts, and overbilling the DTTDC for days that are taken off by employees only on paper, but are working on ground. Mr. Mishra said that the Kejriwal-led government was firmly committed to eliminating corruption in Delhi. This is just another example of our action against those working against the interests of the people.