- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Haryana Judge Held Over Wife's Murder
By: Hocalwire Editorial, 2016-09-09 02:00:28.0Category: Crime
Geetanjali, 27, was found dead in a park in Gurgaon Police Lines near her house, with multiple bullet injuries on July 17. A former chief judicial magistrate of Gurgaon has been arrested by CBI over the murder of his wife, Geetanjali Garg, in 2013. The case had sent ripples across the state after Geetanjali's family alleged she was killed for not giving birth to a male child. On Thursday morning, a special CBI court in Panchkula remanded Ravneet in the agency's custody for five days. CBI officers said Garg had been arrested on the basis of a polygraph test conducted on him in 2014. The CBI told the court of special magistrate Kapil Rathi it had found some `deceptive answers' during his polygraph test and sought 14-day custodial interrogation but got only 5.
A murder case was filed after Geetanjali's family lodged a complaint against Ravneet Garg and his family. Ravneet, now a civil judge (senior division) in Kaithal, was arrested on Wednesday night. Based on another complaint, police added dowry harassment charges to the FIR.
Ravneet and Geetanjali had two daughters, aged 4 and 5, when she died.