- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
IIT Bombay Survey Shows Young Gen Is On The Right Track
A recent survey conducted on the campus of IIT Bombay revealed that over 95% of freshers on the campus are virgins, however 30% of them are already in a relationship of some kind. A similar survey was conducted on the Harvard University called the Harvard Crimson Survey.
The survey was conducted by Insight, a university newspaper that covers the on goings of the IIT-Bombay university that celebrated the diversity of the freshmen that have joined the campus.
Here are some other key findings of the survey:
- 75% of the freshmen are comfortable with the idea of homosexuality or gay marriages. this finding shows that the young generation is more adapt with the changing times and more comfortable with the diversity of people and their interests at large
- Around 60% of the students do not believe in religious practices while another 30% only follows them occasionally. The new generation is detaching itself from the superstitions and looks at them as being uncool
- 18% of the freshers are compete atheist and a non-believer, 35% are agnostic which means they believe it as being something that can never be proved to be either true or false and 47% were believers.
- Surprisingly or maybe not so surprising was the fact that the freshers believed it to be on their priority to spend around 90 minutes everyday on social networking sites.
- Number of people not using Facebook reduced from 37.5% to 6%.
- 32% of the students expect their salary to be anywhere between Rs. 10-15 lakhs after passing out from the college.
- On the health front, 83.5% have never tried alcohol while 95% do not smoke. This is a positive sign that the next generation is warming up to the idea of a healthy life.
Via - ToI