- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Jewellers Strike: Delhi Traders To Hold Rally On Thursday
Jewellers on Thursday to hold a rally at Ram Lila Maidan in the national capital to protest against the Budget proposal to impose 1% excise duty on non-silver jewellery. Jewellers are on strike since March 2 demanding withdrawal of the proposed excise duty. The All-India Gems and Jewellery Trade Federation (GJF) on Wednesday said their pan-India strike will continue till the proposed 1% excise duty on non-silver jewellery is withdrawn. Members of over 358 associations, consisting of over 3 lakh manufacturers, retainers, wholesalers and artisans related to the jewellery trade and related businesses are on strike since March 2. In addtion, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had rejected demand for rolling back the levy, saying the move is in preparation for unveiling of the goods and services tax (GST). The strike entered the 15th day on Wednesday, with gold and jewellery establishments remaining closed across the country.