- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Jewellers' Strike Ruin Delhi Weddings
The on-going strike by jewellers in the country has taken the shine away from weddings in Delhi. And here?s how. Brides-to-be have had to put their wedding jewellery shopping on hold, with many of them fearing that they may have to turn to imitation jewellery. Jewellery shops have been closed since March 2 against the 1% excise duty and mandatory PAN card for purchases of Rs 2 lakh or more.Speaking to us, RK Sharma, president, South Extension Jewellers Association says, 'The budgetary proposal imposing excise duty on gold jewellery would harm the trade and affect the livelihood of all artisans and manufacturers. We know the trouble that our customers are facing, but we are helpless.