- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Journalists Do Not Stand Up During National Anthem
In a case of utter shame, two journalists were asked by an army officer to leave the premises when they failed to stand up when the national flag of India was unfurled and the national anthem was played. The anthem was played during the passing out parade of recruits at the regimental centre of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment.
The two journalists had to face further shame when their photographs were released by the J&K Government of Information Department in which it was clearly shown that the two journalists were sitting while others were standing to pay their respects.
In his defence, the journalist, Junaid Bazaz of Kashmir Correspondent said -
"The army had invited us to cover the event, not to participate in it. When the Indian anthem was played, I was jotting down notes for my story. After the anthem finished, a Colonel Burn came up to us and said, "All people here stood up for the anthem and the flag except you. We don't need people like you here, so leave,"
Showing respect for the national flag is a way for you to show your gratitude for the nation that has given you everything - Name, identity, place and job. It is protecting you in ways you do not know or understand. And it only takes a minute to stand up and stand straight. So this is a request to all the citizens of India, pay respect to your flag, anthem and country.
via - zee