- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Kerala Woman Cop Says They Are Not Eye Candy
A Hindi Daily article created a list of 11 beautiful IAS APS officers in the country. Taking offence, ASP Merin Joseph, lashed out at the media for objectifying women. She is currently posted at Munnar, Kerala and took to her Facebook profile.
ASP Joseph says that they are more than just eye candy and criticizing the whole incident severely, said that the article was "patriarchal and misogynistic".
"These are bold and brave officers working in the complex bureaucratic system in India, negotiating their way through the good, bad and ugly of our body politic - and here we have a list of officers whom people can ogle at,"
The Facebook has gone viral among feminists and social medians in general who are constantly looking for ways to raise their voice in support for feminism. The post has received 2000 likes and over 200 shares at the time of writing this article. Though it is important to understand that women deserve equal rights and equal pay checks, I am not sure if anyone would have batted a single eye if the same Daily Article discussed Top 10 Hot IAS Male Officers of the country. In that case are we not objectifying men in this case? Do you think anyone would have raised an objection? I am not a woman but if I were, I would have taken it as a compliment rather than raising a question. It is not that big an issue.
What do you think?