- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
MEA:Indian Students Stabbed To Death In Ukraine, One Injured
Image source: Indian Express
Two Indian students identified as Pranav Shaindilya from Muzaffarnagar and Ankur Singh from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradeshwere on Sunday. Indrajeet Singh Chauhan, hailing from Agra, was also stabbed and was recuperating in a hospital. Three Indian students in Uzhgorod Medical College (Ukraine) were stabbed by three Ukrainian nationals at around 3 AM in the morning of Sunday, April 10.
Shaindilya was a third year student while Singh was a fourth year student at the college. According to the MEA Spokesperson, Vikas Swarup, “The police apprehended the Ukrainian nationals who were trying to cross the Ukrainian border. Passports/documents of the three Indian students and blood-stained knife were reportedly recovered from the Ukrainian nationals,”. He said Indian Embassy in Kiev was informed of the incident around 11 AM on sunday and it has been trying to ascertain the facts from the police, the University authorities and other local contacts. The Embassy has spoken to the families of the two deceased students. "All necessary actions are being taken to complete the formalities for sending the two bodies to India. The Embassy is also taking up the matter related to safety of Indian students strongly with the Foreign Office of Ukraine,” said Swarup.