- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Newly-elected Tamil Nadu MLA Dies On Day Of Oath-taking
Newly-elected AIADMK MLA, S M Seenivel, from Thiruparankundram constituency in Madurai, passed away in a private hospital in the city on Wednesday.
The deceased MLA's grandson S Gopi said his grandfather had been admitted to the Vadamalayan Hospital on the eve of May 18, the day before counting of votes, after he suffered a stroke.
S M Seenivel could not attend the May 23 swearing-in ceremony of chief minister J Jayalalithaa and her cabinet. Seenivel was to take oath along with other MLAs today (May 25) in the state assembly. He passed away at 7am this morning, confirmed Gopi.
The 65-year-old MLA was in hospital when he was declared a winner. He had been suffering from health conditions like high blood pressure which led to his stroke. Seenivel won the recent election with a margin of 22,992 votes, against his nearest rival DMK's Manimaran. He is survived by his wife, son S Selva Kumar and three daughters.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK general secretary J Jayalalithaa expressed her grief at Seenivel`s death and conveyed her condolences to his family.