- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Nitin Gadkari: 1 Crore Jobs Created Under Sagarmala Project
“One crore jobs will be created under Sagarmala project only in the shipping and ports sector,” Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Minister Gadkari said addressing the media after chairing the second National Sagarmala Apex Committee meeting. The jobs will include 40 lakh direct and 60 lakh indirect employment. Sagarmala project aims to promote port-led development in the country by harnessing India's 7,500-km long coastline. Also 14,500-km of potentially navigable waterways and strategic location on key international maritime trade routes. At least one crore jobs will be created under government’s ambitious Sagarmala project in the next four to five years. Nitin Gadkari informed that the Government has identified over 150 projects under its ambitious 'Sagarmala' initiative. Apart from converting 111 rivers into waterways, the agenda includes developing smart cities at major ports, the Minister said adding that the 1,620-km stretch on Haldia-Varanasi on Ganga was being developed and tenders were out for projects worth Rs 4,000 crore. The priority is development of coastal areas in 13 states which will benefit lakhs of fishermen by planning low cost housing and other initiatives for them.