- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
North Delhi Slum Children Educated About Child Abuse
The difference between 'good touch' and 'bad touch', prevention of sexual abuse among the children and various other aspects of child rights remained the highlight of the legal seminar held in North Delhi on Sunday. The legal seminar held for slum kids residing in B.G. Block of Shalimar Bagh hosted discussions on child related legislations. Around 50-60 children and adolescents attended the camp and got to know about laws pertaining to child sex abuse. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 defines a child as any person below the age of 18 years and provides protection to all children under the age of 18 years from the offences of sexual assault, sexual harassment and pornography. The children were educated about good touch and bad touch. We also asked them to inform an elder if someone touches them in an uncomfortable manner. The legal experts and volunteers from Gyan Adhar Welfare Society, an NGO working for empowering the underprivileged children, also discussed the problems related to school dropouts. Children were also made aware about child rights including right to express their views, right to survival laid in the constitution. The children who dropout from school can avail vocational trainings offered by many NGOs.