- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Pre-marital Clinic Proposed At Safdarjung Hospital
Safdarjung Hospital, one of the largest government facility in the country, may soon get a special clinic for pre-marital screening. It will offer a range of tests to would-be couples for screening of health problems, like genetic, infectious and blood disorders, which they might transmit to their children. A proposal to start the clinic has been created and waiting for go-ahead from the administration to start the services from April. Pre-conception counselling services will also be offered at the clinic. About the stigma associated with pre-marital health screening, confidentiality will be ensured, the doctor added. In Delhi, most of the top private hospitals are already offering pre-marital health check-ups. However, sources say, the demand hasn't picked up significantly. The health check-up is most needed to rule out thalassemia and other blood disorders.