- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Slum Dwellers Protest Against DDA At Vikaspuri
DDA decided to provide 2400 flats to these slum dwellers. In addition, a case against the DDA has also been filed at the high court. Slum dwellers in west Delhi's Vikaspuri on Sunday protested against the DDA for allegedly selling off flats earmarked as EWS flats to the general category. The people living in the slum of Vikaspuri claimed that the DDA had carried out a survey in Dwarka Sector-23 and decided to provide 2400 flats to people based in six camps. But instead of allotting them the flats, DDA started selling them. Information sought through RTI reveals that a meeting was held on August 19, 2013 under the chairmanship of Governor Najeeb Jung during which special package was allotted to the JJ cluster. To rehabilitate Vikaspuri slum dwellers, the tender to construct EWS Housing Complex was given to DDA. After this, DDA carried out a survey in 6 camps and decided to provide flats. Now when the construction work is complete DDA is selling them under general category." People from Vikaspuri's Shankar Garden association and slum dwellers have also filed a case against the DDA at the high court for selling EWS category flats in to general category to earn profits. The slum dwellers had even met west Delhi MP Pravesh Verma and Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal seeking justice but all in vain, leading them to carry out a protest march till Jantar Mantar.