- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
South Delhi: To Get 94 'high-end' Public Toilets
The South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) plans to construct high-end toilet complexes at important locations across south Delhi. The civic body has identified 94 sites for the project, the proposal for which will be placed in the standing committee meeting on March 21 for final approval. After this, the civic body will begin the tendering process for the Public Toilet Units (PTUs). Residents associations had also raised objections over the terms and conditions of the contract, which gave real estate rights to a private company for a pittance. A few of them were constructed on pavements. The matter is still pending in Delhi high court. But, this time SDMC claims to have planned the project properly. It has already taken in-principle approval from the land-owing agency for the construction. The PTUs will be built on a design-build-operate-and-transfer basis and cover an area of 22-25 square metres. The concessionaire will maintain the hygiene in terms of the upkeep and cleanliness. The facilities will be free. The design of the facilities will be such that the differently abled will also be able to use them easily. The toilets will also have a provision for four toilet seats in addition to the urinals. There will be changing stations for infants and vending machines for sanitary napkins.