- Heavy Rain Brings Out Severe Sewage Problems
- Life OK Launches It's New TV Show Nagarjun...EkYoddha
- Water Waste Due To Pipe Line Damage
- Is S.A.E Club Making NIT Kurukshetra The Detroit Of Haryana?
- Plantation Took Over The Unexpected Area.
- Priyanka Chopra Nominated For Teen Choice Awards
- 10 Facts About The Orlando Shooter, Omaar Mateen
- Vriksha Mitra Abhiyan
- High-Profile Sex Racket Busted In Mumbai
- Revamping Sultanpur National Park
Waste Segregation, A Step Towards Cleaner India.
What is Waste Segregation?
Waste Segregation is separating the trash into non-recyclable, recyclable and biodegradable groups. It basically means dividing the waste into wet and dry waste. Wet waste which is biodegradable in nature includes waste of plant and animal origin,cooked and uncooked foods,flower and food waste,animal litter,etc. Dry waste which can be recycled includes newspapers, books, paper, cardboards,glass, metals,furniture, wires,etc.
Image Source: Pinterest
Why is Waste Segregation important?
1.If waste is not separated properly,it will be dumped at the landfills.Thus polluting the land and soil near by. Also after a period of time the landfill will leak resulting in toxic
substances at the bottom which can release explosive methane gas that leads
to climate change, extreme climates and droughts.
2.If not disposed properly, hazardous items in the trash bins such as batteries or electronics are dangerous to your health.
3. Segregation protects the health of the rag pickers as well.Rag pickers put their hands into the waste to clean it up.While doing so they may cut their hands which further leads to various infections, affecting the rag picker’s health.
4.Waste segregation makes recycling an easier and achievable task.Many parts of the waste can thus be reused for various purposes.
5. Waste Segregation helps in protecting the environment. it helps in reducing pollution.
Image source- OneVizag
How can you begin?
1.Start segregating the waste at home.
2.Use two separate bins.One for wet waste and the other for dry waste.
Go ahead segregate waste for a clean and safe environment.
Image source- Global.singularityu